Lilac Perfumes and Kitchen Soaps Lilacs and Stacked Scents, and Soaps that remind you of the kitchenIn this issue, I found some delightful and unique new scents to share.
It is a personal mission to find pure Lilac perfume. As it takes a lot of lilacs to make pure lilac perfume, you usually find synthetic lilac or a touch of lilac essence blended into other perfumes. The Body Shop used to make a rather nice lilac oil and Caswell Massey has a signature Lilac scent but none comes closer, and is more pure than Highland Lilac from a unique apothecary and gift store, Parkleigh of Rochester, New York. Among a range of specialty products in cosmetics (they carry the full range of The Thyme products and Diptyque candles among other items), Parkleigh is renown for its Lilac perfume. Bushels and bushels of fresh lilacs, grown in the area, are pressed into this perfume, which does smell as though you have bathed in a lilac bower. Five varieties of lilacs are used to make this scent and it is gorgeous. (and so is the gift box). This is for lilac lovers or a special gift for someone who enjoys single floral scents. Parkleigh is the a supplier or try www.highlandlilac.com.
This is a beautiful, all natural, lilac perfume.
Parkleigh of Rochester, New York
Stacked Style scented perfume oils made the A list whenever their products appear in Style magazine. A packet box of Scentarettes, houses their signature oils – fresh and floral scents you can wear as perfumes. body oil, or moisturizing oil. Try Prelude Magnolia, jasmine, rose, apricot and wild strawberry), Sorbet (pear, green apple, honeydew, melon, peaches and white musk), Duet (fresh florals and citrus), or Memoir (a romantic mix of gardenia, tuberose, Casablanca, and lily). These are just different from the pack of perfumes, and wicked cool because they are affordable, subtle but feminine fragrances and are wonderfully portable. They are perfect for those who want something different, young, or fresh or for women wanting an option from 'perfume house' fragrances.
New scents include Harmony, Dew, Luau, and Blossom. The whole line has been adopted by the Hollywood set. Look out for their soy based candle lien too. From founder Linda Sirvican, order from
Soap of Cucumber, Cocoa, and Chocolate?
Some of us cannot get enough of foodie fragrances. For cooks who gotta carry the theme of favorite ingredients into companion bars of soap, try the line from www.melissaguerra.com.
Aside from chunky, funky bars of all natural soaps, Melissa Guerra is the source for unique south-of-the border items from the kitchen.
Check it out at
For more on scent, enjoy my other features:
- Vanilla & Gourmands Perfumes (and sugar, berries, and caramel) - January 2014
- Colonial Candle - July 2012
- More Perfumes for 2008 - December 2008
- Scent of a Baker Holiday 2005 Round Up - December 2005 - Bake It Forward, Gift Baking Issue
- Marcy Goldman Wheat Siren Perfume Oil - April 2005 - When Harry Met Salad
- Valentines 2004 Special Edition On Scents and Perfumes, Candles and More - February 2004 - Sweets for the Sweet, a Valentine From the Baker
- Best in Scent For the Holidays - December 2003 - The Sugar and Spice Issue
- Scents on the home front - scented possibilities are all around... - July 2003 - Memories of Summer Music Camp or Baking to Birdland
- Perfume Profile: Jean Paul Gaultier
- Perfume Review: Summer Essence, David Yurman
- Perfume Profile: Love, Chloe
- One Woman's Journey in Perfumes
- Perfume Review: Youth Dew, Estee Lauder
- Best in Girlie Girl Stuff, Make Up etc.
- Vanilla Perfumes Feature
- Perfume Review: Jean Piguet Baghari and Fracas
- Hair Stuff, Treatments, Coloring, Shampoo, Etc.
- Perfume Profile: Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude
- Home Ambiance Scents, Incense, Sachets, Potpourri and More
- Perfume Profile: Jo Malone White Lilac and Rhubarb
- Candles, Fragrant Oils, Essential Oils, Soaps, Aromatherapy Supplies
- Perfume Review: Narcisco Rodriguez
- Lotions and Treatments
- Perfume Review: Womanity by Thierry Mugler
- Scent of a Baker, Valentine's Day Special Edition
- Perfume Review: White Linen, Estee Lauder
- Perfume Profile: Elizabeth Arden
- Men's Fragrance Reviews
- Perfumes and Fragrances
- Perfume Review: Aerin Lilac Path
- Perfume Review: Robert Piguet Baghari and Fracas
- Jewelry, Pretty Things, Chimes and Trinkets
- White Lilac and Rhubarb by Jo Malone
- Cosmetics, Moisturizers, Lipsticks, Powders....and Pretty Things
- Perfume Review: Narciso Rodriguez
- Perfume Profile: Oriens, Van Cleef and Arpels