There's always something new and unique at Avon - where the award-winning, legendary cosmetics and scent company continues to mop up magazine and industry praise and awards. Stay tuned for our reviews as new products are profiled. In particular, check out Avon's skin care and anti-aging products. Some of them are about the best, state-of-the-art products, at the best prices. I try each product that is reviewed and many new launches are on-going. Avon is also tops at best scents at best prices - so stay tuned!
Tried and true is one way to consider Avon but there is far more than that to recommend the brand, whose products I’ve tested for years. You cannot be the research and development, the price point, the hygienic production and the packaging (nor the wonderful catalogues).
Most recently I picked some treasures from Avon and wasn’t disappointed. They include:
Amazingly scented anti-bacterial hand gels that fit in your purse
http://shop.avon.ca/avonshop_en/default.asp?line_id=54&department=fastfind&src_page=random_product_list.asp (I opted for Vanilla, Cucumber Melon and Pomegranate)
Avon's Sweet Honesty, Perfume Classic
Sweet Honesty was launched by Avon in 1973. The fragrance features honey, musk, vanilla, hyacinth, lemon, lily-of-the-valley and rose. It is still innocent and beguiling all at once, and a steal-of-a-classic perfume.
Anew Platinum Cream, aka Youth in a Jar
This is youth in a jar. It is a light pink light night cream that smells like cucumbers and spring water. In the morning, having applied it to your neck and face, you will notice your skin top layer peeling off. It sounds horrible and painful but you don't feel a thing and it simply is a gentle, at-home peel. I had no idea until I started getting wonderful compliments. It transforms your face (one week is all you need and then give it a rest) and neck into baby-skin softness. Totally incredible - best kept secret.
Anew Clinical Luminosity Brighting Hand Cream
Like Anew Platinum, this is a similarly incredible skin product. About a week's application garners you soft hands with a more even surface.
Outspoken Eau de Perfume by Fergie
Only Avon could interpret the Fergie spirit in this wonderfully bold but feminine cocktail of black leather, iced berries, and the warm notes of tuberose absolut. For all ages, this perfume would take you nicely through summer into Fall and even the winter holidays. Check out the companion Outspoken Body Lotion.
Incredible Great Energy Multi Wear Fragrance from Mark - a terrific line of upbeat fragrances and make-up from Avon
Mark Great Energy is a world-changing scent. It is an exlixir that can be worn as a perfume or just inhale it while you are in traffic for an instant benefit - almost like a spa in a bottle. Made with lemongrass, mandarin and ginger it's good enough to eat but it's one of the most gorgeous things Avon ever came out with.
Herve Leger Homme, Eau de Toilette Spray
A bold, sophisticated cologne for men that opens with crisp Indian ginger, then Japanese Yuzu, contained with more exotic woods and spices. A terrific sensual scent for Autumn for the office or after hours.
For more on scent, enjoy my other features:
- Colonial Candle - July 2012
- More Perfumes for 2008 - December 2008
- Scent of a Baker Holiday 2005 Round Up - December 2005 - Bake It Forward, Gift Baking Issue
- Marcy Goldman Wheat Siren Perfume Oil - April 2005 - When Harry Met Salad
- Valentines 2004 Special Edition On Scents and Perfumes, Candles and More - February 2004 - Sweets for the Sweet, a Valentine From the Baker
- Best in Scent For the Holidays - December 2003 - The Sugar and Spice Issue
- Lilac Perfumes and Kitchen Soaps - October 2003 (Part 1) - How I Got Into Baking, A Bakerâ€™s Beginnings Part 1
- Scents on the home front - scented possibilities are all around... - July 2003 - Memories of Summer Music Camp or Baking to Birdland
- Perfume Profile: Jean Paul Gaultier
- Perfume Review: Womanity by Thierry Mugler
- Perfume Profile: Love, Chloe
- Scent of a Baker, Valentine's Day Special Edition
- Perfume Review: White Linen, Estee Lauder
- Perfume Profile: Estee Lauder
- Men's Fragrance Reviews
- Perfumes and Fragrances
- Perfume Review: Robert Piguet Baghari and Fracas
- Jewelry, Pretty Things, Chimes and Trinkets
- White Lilac and Rhubarb by Jo Malone
- Cosmetics, Moisturizers, Lipsticks, Powders....and Pretty Things
- Perfume Review: Narciso Rodriguez
- Perfume Profile: Oriens, Van Cleef and Arpels
- Lotions and Treatments
- Perfume Review: Summer Essence, David Yurman
- Perfume Profile: Elizabeth Arden
- One Woman's Journey in Perfumes
- Perfume Review: Youth Dew, Estee Lauder
- Best in Girlie Girl Stuff, Make Up etc.
- Perfume Review: Jean Piguet Baghari and Fracas
- Hair Stuff, Treatments, Coloring, Shampoo, Etc.
- Perfume Profile: Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude
- Home Ambiance Scents, Incense, Sachets, Potpourri and More
- Perfume Profile: Jo Malone White Lilac and Rhubarb
- Candles, Fragrant Oils, Essential Oils, Soaps, Aromatherapy Supplies
- Perfume Review: Narcisco Rodriguez